A GoFundMe has been started for a Clayton Heights family whose house was gutted by a fire Friday night (Nov. 29).
The crowdfunding campaign, which was started early Saturday (Nov. 30), had raised $3,255 by midday.
A update on the campaign says the Goswami family “lost everything when their house burned down,” and that the “tragic and devastating fire left them with only the clothes they were wearing.”
The GoFundMe page can be found at gofundme.com/f/u6hg25-house-lost-to-fire.
Firefighters responded to the fire at the home in the 18900-block of 69A Avenue just after 11 p.m., according to Ben Dirksen, assistant fire chief with Surrey Fire Service.
Dirksen said when crews arrived, the fire was upgraded to a second alarm, with 21 firefighters in total.
A Black Press Media freelancer on scene said when crews first arrived to home, fire was showing through the front windows on the first floor.
The freelancer said the fire spread to the second floor and attic space.
The occupants of the home and the basement suite “escaped with nothing, but firefighters were able to recover and bring out purses,wallets, phones and laptops to them,” the freelancer said.
Dirksen said there were no injuries reported by the occupants.
He added that two cats “may” be missing, and a third cat has since been found.