Rev. Craig Vance holds the silver trowel used by stonemasons of the Union Solomon Masonic Lodge to lay the cornerstone at Surrey Centre’s Christ Church in 1884.
It was donated from the New Westminster lodge as a gift last weekend at Christ the Redeemer Anglican parish’s 130th anniversary service, which began in the old church and moved to the current church, located across the street and built in 1990.
The guest speaker was Rev. Fr. Matthew Johnson of the Street Outreach Initiative on the downtown eastside.