SURREY — The Surrey Board of Trade elected a new board of directors and officers at its annual general meeting on June 21.
Elected at the event, held at the Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, were:
- Dr. Greg Thomas, G3 Consulting, Board Chair 2017-2018 (second year)
- Tammy Rea, TD Bank, Treasurer
- Stephen Dooley, SFU Surrey (incumbent) – also inducted as Vice-Chair
- Perminder Chohan, Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network
- Curtis Christopherson, Innovative Fitness
- Baljit Dhaliwal, Ashton College
- Mandie LaMontagne, The Intueri Group
- Balraj Mann, The BM Group of Companies (incumbent)
- Dan Reader, Murray Latta Progressive Machine
- Doug Tennant, Semiahmoo House Society (incumbent)
- Tako van Popta, McQuarrie Hunter LLP
Remaining Directors, with one more year as part of their term as a Surrey Board of Trade Director, are:
- John Folka, KPMG LLP
- Marlyn Graziano, KPU
- Chuck Keeling, Elements Casino/Great Canadian Gaming Corp.
- Jay Rao, Exp Services Inc.
“The Surrey Board of Trade provided highlights on their work as a policy advocate representing business at the city, regional, provincial and federal government levels; a convener and coalition-builder around issues from transportation to education to the environment; their one-stop entrepreneurial centre with business and international services and their community partnerships and initiatives to make Surrey globally competitive as well as a great place to live, work and raise a family,” said Anita Huberman, CEO, Surrey Board of Trade in a release.