Judge finalizes Khloe Kardashian’s divorce from Lamar Odom

Khlomar is officially no more as reality TV star ends three year marriage with ex-NBA player

LOS ANGELES – Khlomar is officially no more.

A Los Angeles judge on Friday finalized Khloe Kardashian’s divorce from former NBA player Lamar Odom, more than three years after the reality TV star first sought to end their marriage.

Kardashian filed for divorce in December 2013 after the pair had been married for four years, but rescinded the filing after Odom was found unconscious at a Nevada brothel last year. She cited Odom’s medical condition as one reason to withdraw the divorce.

She re-filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences in May. They have no children together.

The couple started a company called Khlomar, the nickname bestowed on their relationship after they started dating in 2009. The company will dissolve now that the divorce is complete, court documents state.

Neither Kardashian nor Odom will receive spousal support, their judgment states. While the judge signed off on it on Friday, the pair won’t be officially single until Dec. 17.

Odom last played for the Los Angeles Clippers during the 2012-13 season, averaging a career-low 4.0 points and 5.9 rebounds. He signed a contract with the New York Knicks in 2014, but was cut by the team before appearing in a game.

Kardashian’s first divorce filing came days after Odom pleaded no contest to a misdemeanour drunken driving charge.

The 6-foot-10-inch power forward had his best years with the Los Angeles Lakers between 2004 and 2011. The team won NBA championships in 2010 and 2011 and Odom won the NBA’s sixth man award during that second championship run.

In addition to appearing on several reality series chronicling her family, Kardashian helps operate clothing stores and other businesses with her sisters, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian.

___

Anthony McCartney can be reached at http://twitter.com/mccartneyAP

Anthony McCartney, The Associated Press

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

Surrey RCMP recover $80,000 worth of stolen property

Police found the property after executing two search warrants in Newton

White Rock approves scaled-up Festival of Lights for 2020

Event to run for nearly 60 days, and expand from the white rock to Oxford Street

White Rock to encourage Uber, Lyft to operate in city

South Surrey and White Rock are without ride-hailing services, for now

Annual Battle of the Badges hockey game to combat bullying in Delta schools

This year’s Battle of the Badges takes place at Sungod Arena on Pink Shirt Day (Wednesday, Feb. 26)

Trains through White Rock, Surrey could be affected by rail blockades

Coastal GasLink said it’s signed benefits agreements with all 20 elected band councils along pipeline route

VIDEO: Ottawa wants quick, peaceful resolution to pipeline protests, Trudeau says

The protests have manifested themselves as blockades on different rail lines across the country

VIDEO: Giants win 10th straight on home ice in Langley

Family Day was about spending time with the fans and dazzling them with a 3-2 victory over Seattle

Canucks acquire forward Tyler Toffoli from Kings in push for playoffs

Vancouver sends Schaller, Madden, pick to L.A.

New highway proposed between Alberta and B.C.

The route would connect Red Deer to Kamloops

Wet’suwet’en and B.C. government have been talking Aboriginal title for a year

Coastal GasLink says it has agreements with all 20 elected First Nations councils along the 670-kilometre route

Trudeau tightlipped on plan to end protests ‘quickly and peacefully’

The prime minister, who cancelled a two-day trip to Barbados this week to deal with the crisis at home

B.C. budget expected to stay the course as economic growth moderates

Finance minister said ICBC costs have affected budget

Canadian standards for coronavirus protection to be reviewed, health agency says

The protocols set out how health workers should protect themselves and their patients

Monday marks one-year anniversary of man missing from Langley

42-year-old B.C. man, Searl Smith, was last seen leaving Langley Memorial Hospital on Feb. 17, 2019

Most Read