Two all-Surrey clashes will take place in the finals of the Coastal Cup youth soccer tournament in Richmond April 30 and May 1.
The Surrey Breakers Elite ‘98 will kick off against Surrey FC Pegasus in the girls under-13 Coastal C Cup final, while the under-17 Coastal B Cup will feature the Surrey United Force and the Surrey Breakers Elite.
The games are two of 22 Coastal Cup finals, an annual knockout competition for youth soccer teams on the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island.
Roughly 300 teams in the 22 categories qualified for the competition, which began April 2-3.
– Both Surrey teams in the under-13 division shut out the opposition in their semifinal games last weekend. The Elite ‘98 topped the Surrey Guildford United Selects 3-0 at Don Christian Park, while Pegasus traveled to North Vancouver where they edged the North Shore Adrenaline 1-0.
– The Surrey Guildford United Selects are in the girls under-14 A final after a 2-1 win over Vancouver FC Sunday at Cloverdale Athletic Park.
– A 2-1 win over the Coquitlam Metro-Ford Fusion has sent the Surrey FC Revolution into the girls under-15 A final.
– The Surrey Guildford United Selects fell a game short of the girls under-16 A final, losing 3-0 to the Richmond Red Hot Selects.
– In a girls under-17 A semifinal in Coquitlam, the Surrey FC Revolution edged the Coquitlam Metro-Ford Kaos 2-1 to advance to the final.
– The Surrey Selects came up a goal short in their under-16 semifinal, losing 4-3 to the Victoria Capitals at Newton Athletic Park.
– The Surrey Youth Fireballs lost their under-13 semifinal contest 1-0 to the Powell River Cobras Sunday in Squamish.
– The Sur-Del Force blanked the Surrey United X-plosion 1-0 at Cloverdale Athletic Park, and will play in the under-14 final.
– After two wins on the road, the Surrey United Outlaws lost 2-1 at home to the Coquitlam Metro-Ford Diablos in an under-16 semifinal contest.
– The Surrey Breakers Elite gave up their first goal in under-17 Coastal Cup play, but won their third straight contest 2-1 over the Gordon Head Forza of Victoria. The Surrey United Force blanked the opposition for the third straight week, defeating West Vancouver 2-0 in their semifinal contest.
– The Surrey United Wild Ones will play in the under-18 final, after defeating the West Vancouver Gunners 2-0 in Cloverdale.
– Two local teams lost in the semifinal round in the under-14 age group. North Delta United dropped a 1-0 decision to the PTG Rovers of Vancouver, while Surrey FC Pegasus were eliminated 2-1 by the West Vancouver Spuraways.
– North Delta United is in the under-15 final, after a 3-2 win over GAC Piston.
– a 4-2 loss to Lakehill Emery Electric eliminated North Delta United in the under-17 semifinal round.
– The Surrey United Lions lost 1-0 to Richmond United in under-18 semifinal play.