SURREY — Surrey firefighters found an unconscious man inside a house in Whalley early Monday afternoon after fighting a kitchen fire there, in the 9000-block of Prince Charles Boulevard.
He was taken to Royal Columbian Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Battalion Chief Steve Zecchel said there was a “fair amount” of smoke on the second floor.
“It looks like he’ll be fine,” Zecchel said of the occupant. “The kitchen was gutted.
“At this point we didn’t find any working smoke alarms, so that was a factor probably, him not getting out in time.”
He was the only person in the house.