Trial ordered for man charged in Surrey bus brawl

Emmannuel Dario faces three counts of aggravated assault following 2012 incident in Cloverdale.

A man charged in connection with a brawl involving a busload of high school graduates in 2012 has been ordered to stand trial.

Emmannuel Dario is charged with three counts of aggravated assault. His trial was ordered after a two-day preliminary hearing in Surrey Provincial Court. There is a publication ban on evidence from preliminary hearings.

Surrey RCMP said the fight occurred when a chartered bus carrying about 50 men and women in their late teens stopped at a gas station in Cloverdale. Several of the youth had gotten off the bus and a confrontation occurred with two men in a car that was driving through the area, police said. Dario was allegedly driving the car.

Police said the car was damaged and the men got out of the vehicle and began to fight with some of the bus passengers, many of whom had been drinking. Dario was slashed across the chest, said police, before he allegedly grabbed a board and swung it at the group, striking and injuring at least three people.

Dario’s next court date is set for Feb. 6, 2014.

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

Cloverdale businessman funds wells in Cambodia

Revive Washing in Clayton Heights donates three per cent of profits to charity

Police watchdog investigating death of man in Delta

Independent Investigations Office asking for witnesses to May 29 incident at Tsawwassen ferry terminal

Safe Surrey under fire for ‘sickening’ social media posts accusing RCMP of murder

Mayor Doug McCallum says tweet, Facebook post ‘sent out by unauthorized person’

Surrey RCMP look for missing man

Tyler Ridout, 36, last seen near Balsam Crescent and 136th Street

11 new COVID-19 cases in B.C. as top doc urges caution amid ‘encouraging’ low rates

Dr. Bonnie Henry also announced that two care home outbreaks would be declared over

Father’s Day Walk Run for prostate cancer will be virtual event this year throughout B.C.

The annual fundraiser for Prostate Cancer Foundation BC has brought in $2.5 million since 1999

Dr. Bonnie Henry announces official ban on overnight kids’ camps this summer

New ban comes after talking with other provincial health officials across the country, Henry says

Senior man in hospital after unprovoked wolf attack near Prince Rupert

Conservation officers are on site looking for the wolf

Help the ‘Cloverdale Reporter’ continue its mission to provide trusted local news

Facing changes together: Your community, your journalists

VIDEO: NASA astronauts blast off into space on SpaceX rocket

Marks NASA’s first human spaceflight launched from U.S. soil in nearly a decade

‘I knew what he wanted’: Kootenay man spends hours in tree as black bear patrols below

Francis Levasseur is no stranger to the outdoors, but a recent run-in with a bear caused quite a scare

B.C.’s police watchdog probing death of Richmond man in alleged shoplifting incident

Independent Investigations Office of B.C. is asking any witnesses to come forward

PHOTOS: U.S. cities brace for increasing unrest over police killing of George Floyd

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz has fully mobilized the state’s National Guard

Most Read