How, where to vote

Cloverdale residents have several local options when it comes to voting locations for Saturday's municipal election.

According to the City of Surrey’s website, voter ID cards were sent to households in Surrey in late October.

The packages contain cards, unique ID codes and voting information. You’re asked to bring these cards to any voting location on Nov. 19.

If you did not receive a voters card, you’re asked to bring other identification (see below) with you to the polling place.

Cloverdale residents have several local options when it comes to voting locations.

They include Clayton Heights Secondary at 7003 188 St., Cloverdale Recreation Centre at 6188 176 St., Coast Meridian Elementary at 8222 168A St., East Kensington Elementary at 2795 184 St., Fleetwood Community Centre 15996 84 Ave., Port Kells Community Hall at 18918 88 Ave., Surrey Centre Elementary at 16670 Old McLellan Rd.

Voting locations can be found at the City of Surrey’s election webpage at

Polls will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Visit for results as they come in after the polls close Saturday.

Am I registered to vote?

If you are on the provincial voters list from Elections BC, you are already registered to vote in Surrey municipal elections.

If you are not on the voters list, but are qualified to vote, you may register at the advance poll or on general voting day.

To register when you vote, you must bring at least two documents that provide evidence of your identity and place of residence (one must also contain your signature), or bring at least two documents providing evidence of your identity, at least one of which contains your signature, and make a solemn declaration as to your place of residence.

Accepted identification includes photo ID with signature: Canadian passport, BC Drivers Licence, BC ID card, Canadian citizenship card, post secondary student card. If you provide a BC Drivers licence or BC ID card, one of the following will complete your registration: birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Social Insurance Card, BC Care Card or BC Gold Care Card, debit or credit card.

If you are providing a Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card or student card, you can complete your registration with the following: BC Drivers Licence, BC ID card, certificate of vehicle insurance, property tax notice, utility bill (BC Hydro, Bell, Shaw, Telus, etc.)

Elections BC says you are eligible to vote if you are 18 years of age or older on general voting day, you are a Canadian citizen, you have lived in British Columbia for at least six months before you register to vote.

You have lived in the municipality, regional district, school district or Islands Trust area where you intend to vote for at least 30 days before you register to vote, and you are not disqualified by the Local Government Act, any other act or the courts from voting in a general local election.

Follow the Cloverdale Reporter on Twitter and Facebook. View our print edition online.

Just Posted

Fraser Surrey Docks mechanic dies on the job

‘This is a very sad day - a worker went to his job this morning and didn’t go home’

PHOTOS: Canada Cup action continues at Softball City

The Futures Gold final is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. Sunday at Softball City’s diamond No. 1

White Rock senior breaks wrist after tripping on gravel patch

74-year-old woman, who fell at the corner of Fir and Russell, says no one stopped to help

BC Games: Day 2 comes to an end

Hundreds of medals have been handed out at the 2018 BC Summer Games in the Cowichan Valley

B.C. mining company, involved in 2014 spill, ordered to pay lost wages

Mount Polley Mining Company must pay wages to 26 employees who were laid off without proper notice

Two significant wildfires burning in southeastern B.C.

More than 20 fires were burning in the Southeast Fire Centre as of Saturday afternoon

Volunteers provide the glue that keeps BC Games moving

The 2018 Cowichan Summer Games had more than 2,300 volunteers on hand across Vancouver Island

No Name brand chicken nuggets recalled due to possible salmonella

Canadian Food Inspection Agency says multiple illnesses reported in B.C., Alberta and Ontario

Lodeiro scores twice to help Sounders beat Whitecaps 2-0

Seattle’s Nicolas Lodeiro opened the scoring in the fifth minute when he converted a penalty kick

VIDEO: Critter Care opens its doors

Thousands attend open house at Lower Mainland wildlife rehabilitation centre

Race walker breaks 18-year-old BC Games record

Zone 6 athlete Olivia Lundman crossed finish line with ease, to loud cheers in Cowichan


A brief look at action from the 2018 BC Summer Games in the Cowichan Valley

Most Read