Here are Cloverdale’s five most-read stories of the week for July 26 to Aug. 2, 2019.
1. Family, friends ‘desperate’ for information on missing Surrey men
A close friend of the families of missing Surrey men Ryan Provencher and Richard Scurr has issued a plea for more information that may lead to discovering their whereabouts. See more >
2. GoFundMe campaign launched after South Surrey rollover-crash victim dies
A Cloverdale man listed in critical condition after a rollover crash Monday in South Surrey has died. See more >
— Cloverdale Reporter (@CloverdaleNews) July 31, 2019
^This story didn’t quite make our Top 5 this week, but it was one of editor’s favourites.
3. Cloverdale businesswomen launch ‘Everything Keto’ in Langley
A low-carb, moderate protein, high-fat diet is filling the bellies of Langley residents, thanks to Everything Keto – a new grocery store that sells keto-friendly foods and baked goods. See more >
4. Surrey music store finds young heart patient they purchased guitar for
The story began when the boy’s mother walked into the Tom Lee Music in Guildford, needing to get a used guitar restrung for her son. It didn’t take long for staff to discover her eight-year-old son had undergone open heart surgery, for which he was still receiving follow-up. See more >
5. RCMP seize nine vehicles in South Surrey
Surrey RCMP say they are “putting the brakes on stunt driving” at a popular location for car and motorcycle enthusiasts in South Surrey. See more >