Surrey Libraries will be closed on Nov. 11, but staff have compiled a list of books and reference materials with a Remembrance Day theme.
- At the Sharp End: Canadians Fighting the Great War (1914-1916, Vol. 1 by Tim Cook), and Shock Troops: Canadians Fighting the Great War (1917-1918, Vol 2, also by Tim Cook).
- Baptism of Fire: The Second Battle of Ypres and the Forging Canada, April 1915, by Nathan M. Greenfield.
- On to Victory: The Canadian Liberation of the Netherlands, by Mark Zuehlke.
- The Damned: The Canadians at the Battle of Hong Kong and the POW experience, 1941-45, by Nathan M. Greenfield.
- Eleventh Month, Eleventh Day, Eleventh Hour: Armistice Day, 1918, World War I and its violent climax, by Joseph E. Persico.
- The D-Day Companion: leading historians explore history’s greatest amphibious assault, edited by Jane Penrose.
For more information, visit Surrey Libraries online.