Do you have a passion for musical theatre? Do you love to act, sing and dance?
There are still a few spots left for young performers (ages 12-16) who are at a beginner to intermediate level have the opportunity to spend two weeks learning from industry professionals during The Musical Theatre Intensive at the Surrey Arts Centre.
Led by Program Director Peter Jorgensen, the Surrey Intensive helps talented students gain the skills, confidence and contacts necessary to continue their musical theatre education and pursue their dreams. The Surrey Intensive takes place July 4-15 (Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.), and costs $495. Interested students must apply by June 10 (extended from June 1).
Applicants must have any two of the following:
· two years dance training
· one year private voice training
· one year singing with a school or community choir
· one year of acting/drama classes
· experience performing in a school or community musical
Highlights of the Surrey Intensive:
· receive one-on-one coaching with industry professionals to develop voice, dance and acting skills
· learn audition techniques
· perform solo and as part of an ensemble in the showcase for family and friends on the final day
· attend two Arts Club Theatre Company productions with classmates
· gain insight into Vancouver’s musical theatre community
· meet friends with similar aspirations and interests
The Musical Theatre Intensive was founded by Jorgensen in 2002 in partnership with Arts Club Theatre Company. A Vancouver Intensive takes place for intermediate to advanced students.
Visit www.surrey.ca/arts for application and registration details.