The public is invited to commemorate Canada’s soldiers in military missions over the last century on Nov. 11.
Ceremonies begin prior to 11 a.m. on Tuesday at:
• The Whalley Legion, Branch 229, 13525 106 Ave: The legion pipe band will march in at 10:20 a.m., with formal services at ending after 11 a.m.
• The Cloverdale Cenotaph, next to the Surrey Museum, 17710 56A Ave. Family activities are from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Surrey Museum Ceremonies begin at 10:15 a.m. with two minutes of silence at 11 a.m. After the ceremony, there will be refreshments and entertainment at the Cloverdale Legion Branch 6, 17567 57 Ave. Admission by donation.
• Crescent Beach Legion Branch 240, 2643 128 St.: Services begin at 10:30 a.m.
• Port Kells Community Hall, 18918 88 Ave. Services begin at 10:30 a.m.
• North Delta Social Heart Plaza, next to the North Delta Recreation Centre, 11415 84 Ave. Services begin at 10:30 a.m. There will be a reception at the recreation centre after 11 a.m., hosted by the Kennedy House Seniors Society and the Corporation of Delta.
• B.C.’s Home Front: Explore how both world wars affected life in small-town British Columbia with a visual presentation by local author Sylvia Crooks on Nov. 11 from 12-1 p.m. at the Surrey Museum, 17710 56A Ave. For ages 16 and over. Pre-register at 604-592-6956.