- BC Games
Grad requirements reviewed
The province is looking to develop new future graduation requirements for B.C. teens and is seeking the public's input.
Students, parents, educators, civic leaders and post-secondary partners are welcome at a feedback session scheduled in Surrey on Oct. 17.
Five key questions will be discussed:
• What do you think are the core or essential things all students should know, understand and be able to do by the time they leave secondary school?
• Beyond the core, how could pathways for choice or exploration be provided?
• Research is underway with a focus on the following five cross-curricular competencies: communication, critical thinking, creative thinking and innovation, personal responsibility and well being and social responsibility.
How do you think students could demonstrate these competencies?
• How could student learning be communicated to: students , parents/guardians and post-secondary institutions/employers?
• How would you design an awards program to recognize student success in a personalized learning environment?
The forum will be facilitated by Surrey School District's Deputy Supt. Jordan Tinney and Lynn Archer, director of instruction.
Graduation Requirements Dialogue will run from 4-7 p.m. at the District Education Centre, 14033 92 Ave., room 2020. Refreshments and dinner will be provided.
Registration by Oct. 11 is required by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.