- BC Games
Cloverdale BIA welcomes new faces to its board of directors
Several new faces have joined the Cloverdale Business Association’s board of directors for the new term of office.
Executive director Paul Orazietti said the majority of the directors elected by acclamation at the Clovedale BIA’s 2013 Annual General Meeting held July 11 are new to serving on the board, including Derek Tremblay and Celia Taras.
The list of directors elected for the 2013/14 term are:
- Steve Bednash (Valley Auto Repair)
- Norma Brown (JK Decorating Centre)
- Tricia Ellingsen (Tricia's Gems)
- Maggie Guerin (Sweet n’ Chic)
- Janet Howell (Starbuck’s Coffee – Cloverdale)
- Lyle MacMillan (MacMillan, Tucker & MacKay)
- Jim Mason (Mason’s Cloverdale Home Furnishings)
- Ursula Maxwell-Lewis (Quality Wines/Travelling Times)
- Dean Moore (Michauds Salon Spa & Wellness Centre)
- Rob Paterson (Newmac Animal Feeds)
- Frank Redekop (Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 6 Cloverdale)
- Celia Taras (Starbuck’s Coffee – Highway 10)
- Derek Tremblay (Clancy’s Meat Co. Cloverdale)
Lyle MacMillan has since been re-elected to serve as president, with Rob Paterson moving up to vice president, and Maggie Guerin elected as board secretary for the current term.
The Cloverdale BIA represents more than 300 businesses in downtown Cloverdale, and, along with partner the Cloverdale District Chamber of Commerce, organizes special events throughout the year, including the Cloverdale Blueberry Festival, the Halloween Costume Parade, and Surrey’s Santa Parade of Lights. Its operating funds come from a tax levied on member businesses by the City of Surrey, and the BIA board decides how the money is spent.
For more information, visit www.cloverdalebia.com or call 604-576-3155.