- BC Games
Island Time: seaside councils mark National Relaxation Day
The communities of Parksville and Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island have officially recognized today – August 15 – as National Relaxation Day.
Municipal councils in both communities approved the initiative earlier this month.
In light of the designation, mayors Teunis Westbroek of Qualicum Beach and Parksville's Chris Burger said it's part of their responsibility as public officials to get people to kick back and relax, offering the top five ways to do just that on National Relaxation Day.
5. Regain your energy by doing something quiet, uplifting and different (say, like a vacation to their coastal communities.)
4. Reduce stress. For quick relief, stretch out on the beach and feel the sand between your toes, sun on your face.
3. Get your quirk on by having a laugh.
2. Indulge in some eye-candy by looking at something beautiful, such as scenery like a waterfall, garden or lake.
1. Share it. You can fly solo, but to really create a memory you need your family and friends. Build a beach fire, tell funny stories, or play beach bocce, but do it with someone if you want the memory to last.
For more information, visit www.visitparksvillequalicumbeach.com.